Monday 22 August 2016

Lakme 9 to 5 Eye Quartet Desert Rose & Tanjore Rush : Review, Price & Swatches

Hi Angels,

Today I'll be talking about my cult favourite eye shadow quartet from our very known brand Lakme. This range has been launched long time back but these are my go to palette & I love experimenting with them. Read on to find out more:


Price : Rs. 550/-

Availability : Flipkart, Nykaa, Amazon, Purplle

Packaging : Lakme 9 to 5 eye quartet comes in sturdy square case packaging with name of the brand etched on transparent lid which can easily be lock at the end making it travel friendly. It contains 4 shades of radiant color transition and dual end sponge applicator, which I think nobody uses.


Read more : YBP makeup perfector lust review price

Shades Available : Tanjore Rush, Silk route & Desert Rose.

My take on the product:

These eye quartet are my basic favorite and have been using them for quite long time, made them as a part of my bridal trousseau also. I must say the color selection is resplendent & shining. Many different looks can be created from softer gold coppery eyes to bold olive green eyes. These are beautiful budget eye shadows quartet for beginners as well as for creating festive looks. Though some of the shades are less pigmented but can be work using primer on the lids, some are highly pigmented which didn't budge at all on my lids for 4-5 hrs (see swatches below). I picked up two - Desert rose & Tanjore rush !

Desert Rose




From Left to Right:

* Pure Bronze brown color, super pigmented shade in the quartet. It is the most beautiful shade for festive looks.

* This one is Copper shade with a mix of gold, another exquisite color from the quartet.

* It is a Pink champagne color which is not well pigmented & barely can see on pigmented lids, the least most used shade. I think it works as a highlighter, will try it :p

* It is light Yellow gold shade which is not pigmented at all. I have to swatch it couple of times & hardly it shows up. Can be used as to highlight inner corner of eyes. 

GC Rating : 3.5/5


Tanjore Rush




From Left to Right :

* This is an amazing Yellow gold shade which can be used to highlight inner corner of eyes, brow bone or can be used as transition color with the next two shades. It is less pigmented but can be work with primer as base.

* This one is a perfect blend of Copper + Bronze + Gold. I totally love this shade for festive looks. (See the pics below).

* My the most favorite shade among the two quartets, Olive gold color which is amazingly pigmented & look marvelous on fair to medium skin tones. I love this !

* This last one is a Bluish purple shade which is another super pretty shade but unfortunately I have to swatch it couple of times to show it on my lower lash line in the pic below.

GC Rating : 4.5/5



In the above pic I have created olive gold eyes with a hint of purple on lower lash line from the tanjore rush quartet & paired it up with blue based fushia lip shade. I love how the look turned out!

Staying Power : As you have seen swatches above some of the shades are quite pigmented which stays long for 4-5 hrs but some are rarely shown up while swatching & staying power is hardly 1-2 hrs. These are not waterproof & can easily be remove with mild makeup remover.

Final Verdict : I highly recommend the shade Lakme 9 to 5 Tanjore Rush  to all the makeup beginners & to those who are on budget.

Hope you found this article useful!
Have you tried these eye shadow quartet from Lakme, do share in the comment section below!

Stay tuned with GlamChica for more product reviews, fashion trends, makeup & skincare tips!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely look. Nice shades.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete