Tuesday 23 August 2016

Budget Thursday : Lakme 9 to 5 Matte Lipstick Red Coat Review, Price & Swatches

Hi everyone,

Today I am here starting a new series of budget beauty products for beginners, so stop here by every Thursday to know more what are my favourites picks for you!

In this post I'm going to talk about affordable red lipstick for beginners & for those who are on budget. I picked up Lakme 9 to 5 matte lip shade Red Coat.  Read on to find out nitty gritty:


Price : Rs. 450/-

Availability : Flipkart, Nykaa, Amazon, Purplle

Packaging : Lakme 9 to 5 matte lipstick comes in rose gold metal packaging with brand name etched on it, beautiful! It locks up completely which makes this a travel friendly.


Shade : This range consist of exquisite shade from deep red, plums. brown, nudes & pinks. I picked up Red Coat which is lovely & alluring shade of red, looks radiant on fair to medium skin tones.




Texture & Staying Power :

Lakme 9 to 5 matte lipsticks are matte in texture, smoothly glides on lips without tugging at all. I don't even use any lip balm underneath. I am very impressed with the texture at this price, it felt so light weight on lips like you haven't applied anything. When you apply this with lip brush, application is just perfect. It doesn't settle into fine lines but I advise you to prep your lips beforehand to get perfect matte red lip pout!

Talking about staying power, its stays pretty good for 4-5 hrs with little bit snacking in between. I don't mind touch ups :P. At this price tag these are steal & this is the best budget red matte lipstick.

Some bloggers says it is a dupe of Mac Ruby woo, I can't compare it because I don't own Mac one. If it is so, am glad to have mac dupe. See swatch below.






Final Verdict : I highly recommend this particular shade Red coat if you're beginner & want to try out budget matte red lipstick.

GC Rating : 5/5 

 Hope you find this budget series helpful, do share your comments below!

Stay tuned with GlamChica to know more about fashion trends, product reviews, makeup tips & tricks!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely shade.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't normally reach for red shades. But this looks like one I would love to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it better with 2 swipes :D

    http://msmeehnia.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete